“If you’re caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron.” – Lee Trevino
- Let’s start with the 9 hole tennis trivia contest – conducted in honour of CSCC Tennis Weekend, The group with the most correct answers was Tim Wasik and John McDougall. They each won a sleeve of new fuzzy tennis balls.
- Next, the team that initially “got nothing right” in the trivia, but after protests from their Mother’s, were given a (meaningless) second place standing.
- About the golf:
- Winner of highest gross was “I never miss a Sunday Sweeps” Mr. Dave Hinder. Dave won a bucket of shag balls that included some Wilcox gold and silver that were recovered from an era when oil was $120/barrel.
- Other notables: Danny Forrest scored a “PU” on #7 rendering his final score a “-“. The committee reviewed this situation and deemed “PU” to stand for Pretty Ugly and that then gave Dan a score of 8 on that hole. Despite this Danny still managed to turn in a good round that Hinder only dreams of.
- Finally, this week’s Men’s Sweeps saw a rare under par round of 33 – posted by Iain Lonsway. Congrats Iain and just remember the law of averages….
- All those who guys who missed a great breakfast and event put on by the team of M. Grebenc, I. Lonsway, G. Prins, and J. Willmott.
P.S. Hilary Prins gets special honorary mention as she helped Garett distribute the trivia questions to the tee boxes at 7:00 a.m.!