In keeping with the recent update from the Province of Ontario on Stage 1 Openings, the Board is pleased to report to members on the status of the Club’s facilities. The Club continues to manage its facilities in accordance with provincial guidelines and directives.
At this time the facilities are to be accessed by members only. Currently, only members of the Club are permitted to use the Club facilities. A member is defined in our by-laws as cottage owners and their parents, children and grandchildren. For the purposes of facility access, the Board has extended the definition of a member to include a member’s significant other with whom they are self isolating. Members do not include grandparents, siblings, nieces, nephews of a cottage owner and friends of members.
Members are reminded that the provincial order is still in effect limiting social gatherings to 5 people (other than a gathering of members of a single household). Should members choose to have guests/extended family to their cottage (within the scope of the provincial guidelines), those guests are required to remain on the member’s property and are not permitted to use any Club facilities. As well social / physical distancing continues to be in effect.
Facility Status as of May 15, 2020
- Golf Course: Effective May 16, the golf course is open to members only. Physical distancing rules will still apply. Please refer to the course guidelines from the golf committee by clicking here for specifics on how members may use the course.
- Fountain of Youth: This remains open as a “use at your own risk” facility. For guidelines on usage, please reference the e-mail communication from April 10, 2020.
- Garbage/Recycling: Garbage/recycling facilities remain open. The bottle recycling will be open later this month. Members will be notified once the facility is ready to receive bottles.
- Public spaces remain closed. As such the following communal facilities remain closed:
Hall, pavilion, beach, climber, firepit, and ballpark.
Ball Sports Facilities
- Once the Club’s courts are prepared and opened later this month, tennis, pickleball, and basketball will be permitted as singles only. No spectators are allowed. There will be an update announcing the opening of these courts, and corresponding guidelines for use, once they have been made ready for the season. Until that time, these facilities remain closed.
We will continue to provide updates in tandem with the province.
The latest Cedar Springs Medical Update answers questions related to SARS-CoV-2 vaccines. Please note the following link to this week’s COVID -19 update:
The Club is committed to protecting the health and safety of all members therefore members are expected to follow Provincial and Municipal directives. The Board will consider suspending the privileges of any member who does not comply with these directives and the Club’s rules on the use of facilities.
Take care and stay well.
Board of Directors